Create angular project using YEOMAN :
Create a project folder and go inside. ($ mkdir FST, $cd FST)
Please install node.js and npm package manager globally using option "-g” as it can be used in other places for different projects.
- node.js can be installed from https://nodejs.org/en/. npm is installed as a part of the node.
- To get latest npm, run the following command “sudo npm install npm -g”
Install yo and webapp generator (http://yeoman.io/)
- npm install -g yo
- npm install -g generator-webapp
Install bower, a package manager. (https://bower.io/)
- npm install -g bower
Create new project using generator
- yo webapp
- Select the options during the process. I have selected “Bootstrap” and “BDD”
Install gulp (http://gulpjs.com/). You can build the project using it.
I have installed gulp locally and globally so you are seeing CLI version and Local version. You may see only CLI version.
- npm install -g gulp
- Check the project structures.
Since the generator already run "npm install" and "bower install", so you can see the node_modules and bower_components folder with all the installed modules.
** npm will pick from package.json folder
** bower will pick from bower.json
** Any other modules need to be installed for your project then add them to respective package/bower json file and run npm/bower install.
Start the server using gulp. Tasks are present in gulpfile.js
- gulp serve
** Server will be starting and listen at 9000 port. You can change the port in gulpfile.js file if you want.